The Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ6 SynScan mount gives optimal stability and pointing accuracy for a wide variety of heavy professional photo and video equipment. It is a hybrid mount with alt-azimuth capability for general use and equatorial capability for astrophotography use. Supplied with a SynScan handset with dual AZ/EQ firmware, it can automatically find and track 42,900+ celestial objects with its database.
AZ-EQ6 SynScan is capable of carrying heavy-duty photographic equipment for professional shooting and video recording. It is a very efficient transportable mount weighing only 15 kg, for a load capacity of 20 kg (counterweight excluded).
Freedom Find™ – tracking made easy!
With the patented Freedom Find (dual-encoder) technology which allows the telescope to be moved manually or electronically in either axis without losing its alignment or positional information. After moving to a new object the telescope will automatically begin to track the new object accurately. No re-setup is required in one observing session.
- German Equatorial / Alt-Az dual mode
- Permanent periodic error correction(PPEC). PPEC can be trained with Autoguider or PC.
- Belt drive – Super smooth PE curve. Low backlash, silent slewing.
- DSLR Electronic Shutter Release Port for batch exposures of astrophotography.
- Include two dual-fit (45mm/75mm) saddle for mounting two telescopes.
- New motor controller with higher torque and accuracy.
- Driving Resolution: Approximately 0.14 arc seconds
- Autoguider Port
- PEC control in EQ mode
- Alignment methods: 1, 2, or 3-star alignment (EQ) / brightest star or 2-star alignment (AZ)
- Telescope Connection: 2 x dual-fit saddle plates supplied accepting 45mm & 75mm dovetail bars
- RA/DEC Worm Gears: D=92.5mm, 180 teeth, brass
- RA/DEC Axes: D=40mm, steel
- Latitude Adjustment Range: 10° to 70° (EQ), 90° (AZ)
- Azimuth Adjustment Range: About ± 9°
||EQ/Alt-AZ Dual Mode
||127 cm ( 50″)
||Sidereal / Solar / Lunar rate
||2x 5 kg
||1.8° Hybrid Stepper Motor
||21kg + 20 kg
||118x28x29cm3; 53x52x32 cm3
||from 0.125x, 0.25x, 0.5x, 0.75x, 1x
||SynScan Hand Control
||7.5 kg, 2″ steel tripod
||up to 4.2°/sec (800x)
||Alt-azimuth / Equatorial mode
||Large wall to wall
||20 kg (counterweight excluded)