Sky-Watcher SynScan mounts have been designed for use by novices and experts alike. These mounts provide extremely high precision tracking and have built in autoguider ports. Even the most demanding experts will be impressed by the capability of these mounts for astrophotography.
For novice users the user-friendly menu allows automatic slewing to 42900+ objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions. The SynScan Hand Control also has the ability to connect to a computer via an RS-232 cable. Once the connection has been established between the computer and SynScan Hand Control, many commercially available planetarium software programs can be used to control the EQ6 PRO Mounts, They also come with features that advanced astronomers can appreciate.
- Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute. Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
- Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven.
- Auto Guider Interface for astrophotography.
- Object database containing complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogs.
- Minimal vibration for steady long-exposure photography.
- Periodic Error Correction.
- Dual-fit Saddle
- Tripod: Stainless Steel Legs
- Counterweight Shaft Diameter: 1.8cm
- Counterweight Shaft Length: 28.5cm
- Mount Weight (without counterweight): 16Kgs
- Mount Height: 41cm
- Total weight: 23.5kgs (without counterweights)
- Motor Resolution: 0.144 arcsec (or 9.024,000 steps/rev.)
- Power Supply: 11 to 15 V DC 2Amp (Tip positive)
- Gear Ratio: 705
- 13″ Dovetail Bar
SynScan Hand Control Polar Scope Saddle
||2 x 5.1Kgs
||1.8° stepper motors
||117x28x29 cm3; 55x55x25 cm3
||from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X
||SynScan Hand Control
||7.5 kg, 2″ steel tripod
||up to 3.4°/sec (800X)