Sky-Watcher SynScan mounts have been designed for use by novices and experts alike. These mounts provide extremely high precision tracking and have built in autoguider ports. This heavy-duty HEQ5 Pro mount is a smaller version of the sturdy EQ6 Pro mount. It is specially designed for observers who need the steadiness of the EQ6 Pro mount but finds the EQ6 Pro mount too physically demanding.
For novice users the user-friendly menu allows automatic slewing to 42900+ objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions. The SynScan Hand Control also has the ability to connect to a computer via an RS-232 cable. Once the connection has been established between the computer and SynScan Hand Control, many commercially available planetarium software programs can be used to control the HEQ5 PRO Mounts, They also come with features that advanced astronomers can appreciate.
- Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute.
- Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
- Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven.
- Auto Guider Interface for astrophotography.
- Object database containing complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogs.
- Minimal vibration for steady long-exposure photography.
- Periodic Error Correction.
- Motor Resolution: 0.144 arc sec (or 9.024,000 steps/rev.
- Power Supply: 11 to 15 V DC 2Amp (Tip positive)
- Gear Ratio: 705
- 8″ Dovetail Bar
- Total weight: 15kgs (without counterweights)
- Mount Height: 35cm
- Mount Weight (without counterweight): 10Kgs
- Counterweight Shaft Material: Stainless Steel
- Counterweight Shaft Length: 21.5cm
- Counterweight Shaft Diameter: 1.8cm
- Tripod: Stainless Steel Legs
- Polar Scope included